- About Benton Park
2nd Annual Reclaiming the 80's 5K Run, Walk & Stroll!
WHEN: May 19, 2012
WHERE: Benton Park @ corner of Jefferson & Arsenal (across I-55 from Anheuser Busch)
5K RUN/WALK/STROLL @ 9am... $25 thru May 16 / $30 after May 16. Electronic timing using ChronoTrack B-tag system (disposable timing device on each race bib). This flat course, accurately measured and timed by Big River Running, begins and ends in scenic Benton Park, looping through the neighborhood amongst historic architecture and abundant green spaces. Strollers & dogs welcome (we're organizing a start wave just for you!) Technical race shirt for first 500 5K registrants! Every effort will be made to provide proper shirt size for each participant. Shirts are available on a first come, first serve basis (i.e. shirt sizes are not guaranteed).
KIDS FUN RUN @ 10am... $10, for children 11 & younger. 400 meter loop through Benton Park.
FESTIVAL: 9:15am to 11:30am... 80s music, 80s costume contests. Post-race snacks & beverages for racers.
* May 18, 10:00a-8:00p: Big River Running South City (5532 Devonshire)
* May 19, 7:30-8:45a: Benton Park (3100 S Jefferson @ Arsenal)
* First place 5K overall finishers (male & female)
* Top 5K finishers (male & female) by age division: 11 & under, 12-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
* 80's Costume Contest: best individual & best group!
WAYS TO REGISTER:
* Online through Big River Running's race site at bigriverrunning.com
* By mail using a downloadable PDF available at bpnastl.org
* At a BPNA monthly neighborhood meeting